Community radio is such a VIBE!

Here's how pretty much every conversation I've had with someone at BBC Radio goes when I ask:

"So, how did you starting working at the beeb?"
"Well, I started by gaining interest in community radio/my university radio etc etc."

So many people have done community radio as if it was the route towards getting into the biggest radio organisation worldwide. And I believe that it is. 

9 months ago when I started at BBC Radio 2, I had 0 experience in radio. I'd never stepped into a studio, let alone use a radio desk! My experience began at the beeb, and that experience will stay with me forever. The skills, codes, ways of doing things within a good pace, patience, advice, and tips, have added richly to the producer I am also becoming.


I don't think there's a correct order or way of doing things, so I never felt as though I was too 'good' or high in skill for community radio. We are always learning!

East London Radio is such a brilliant platform welcoming people from all over who want to get into radio. I loved the surroundings and general chilled vibe that I got from other people working there. I've always wanted to give community radio a go and I really do enjoy it.

This is in no way a post trying to compare community radio with BBC radio, but merely a way of expressing how both experiences are moulding me as a producer and presenter, and giving me the capability to get my hands on and therefore become an even more skilled professional within the field.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment